Infoservice Work-Family Balance
People studying or working at the University of Graz come from and live in different contexts. Which interests, worries and responsibilities need to be harmonised with their student or professional lives is often not apparent. Differences and similarities have to be taken into account for the smooth organisation of collaboration and work content on a long-term basis.
• Family-related care responsibilities should not be a reason for imbalance or have negative consequences for the recruitment phase or daily working life.
• Addressing the issues of education/work- family balance, requires sensitivity as well as knowledge on facts and general conditions.
• Regardless of the particular situation, those concerned require information as quickly as possible: on legal and financial provisions, childcare, schools, mobile services, long-term care benefit and places in care facilities - in short, information on family-related arrangements in Austria and informal networking and exchange. →unikid-Info →unicare-Info
• On the other hand, you as a managerial member of staff require information on leave-related possibilities and limits and are responsible for handling the following issues in your team: opportunities for discussion, passing on information, planning holidays, organising substitutes, etc.
• unikid & unicare is happy to handle these and other queries related to education/work- family balance on a non-obligatory and confidential basis.
• Are you coming to Graz to study, teach or do research at the University of Graz? Are you already studying or working at the University of Graz and do you have to cope with family care responsibilities?
• Irrespective of whether you are expecting or adopting a child, have to care for your partner for some time, or older members of your family will soon be in need of care – do you have to consider how other people may be affected and what they need and adjust your day-to-day tasks and working life accordingly?
• unikid & unicare provides information and support concerning education/work- family balance in recruitment phases or planning stages, as well as with urgent questions in concrete situations.
• We inform you about Austrian and regional provisions and financial benefits, childcare provisions, schools, family and institutional care. Please contact us if you require specific expert advice helping you build and extend your network.
• unikid & unicare offers you confidential support with any questions relating to your personal family situation.
Specific and compact information on facts and deadlines
Recommendations on possible courses of action
Support in identifying and clarifying related questions for all persons concerned
Support in designing (interim) solutions
A professional framework for the adaptation of plans and possibilities
Available in print, online, confidentially in person, as a workshop or presentation.