Infoservice Work-Family Balance
People working at the University of Graz come from and live in different contexts. Which interests, worries and responsibilities need to be harmonised with their professional lives is often not apparent. Differences and similarities have to be taken into account for the smooth organisation of collaboration, work content and family care obligations on a long-term basis.
Managerial staff – what you need to know
- Family-related care responsibilities should not be a reason for imbalance or have negative consequences for the recruitment phase or daily working life.
- Addressing issues of work-family balance, requires sensitivity as well as knowledge on facts and general conditions.
- Regardless of the particular situation, those concerned require information as quickly as possible: on legal and financial provisions, childcare, schools, mobile services, long-term care benefit and places in care facilities – in short, information on family-related arrangements in Austria and informal networking and exchange.
- On the other hand, you as a managerial member of staff require information on leave-related possibilities and limits and are responsible for handling the following issues in your team: opportunities for discussion, passing on information, planning holidays, organising substitutes, etc.
- unikid & unicare is happy to handle these and other queries related to work-family balance on a non-obligatory and confidential basis.
General/scientific staff – what you need to know
- Are you coming to Graz to study, teach or do research at the University of Graz? Are you already studying or working at the University of Graz and do you have to cope with family care responsibilities?
- Irrespective of whether you are expecting or adopting a child, have to care for your partner for some time, or older members of your family will soon be in need of care – do you have to consider how other people may be affected and what they need and adjust your day-to-day tasks and working life accordingly?
- Do you need childcare just for a short period of time? Are you looking for a room/space where a care person can spend some time with your child?
- Do you need a person who is going to care for/visit your elderly family member? Are you interested in deifferent forms of support in your every-day-life with a person in need of care?
- unikid & unicare provides information and support concerning work-family balance in recruitment phases or planning stages, as well as with specific questions in urgent situations.
- We inform you about Austrian and regional provisions and financial benefits, childcare provisions, schools, family and institutional care. Please contact us if you require specific expert advice helping you build and extend your network.
- unikid & unicare offers you confidential support with any questions related to your personal family situation.
Information on financial support
unikid - living with children
unicare - caring for adults/elderly
application forms day care leave, birth, Papamonat, parental leave, care leave, end-of-life care leave, ...
The Infoservice Work-Family Balance offers
Specific and compact information on facts and deadlines
Recommendations on possible courses of action
Support in identifying and clarifying related questions for all persons concerned
Support in designing (interim) solutions
A professional framework for the adaptation of plans and possibilities
Available in print, online, confidentially in person, as a workshop or presentation.