Care and Support for the Elderly
The reason adults or elderly family members require care can be very upsetting and strenuous for those affected. Family carers in the family often take on a huge burden in assisting, supporting and caring, or organising care for their family members over a long period of time – they are carers or informal carers.
Organised care for a person in need does not always automatically adjust to their growing needs over time, and family carers sometimes do not realise how much time and effort they spend on their care duties. Queries need to be answered as to how the need for long-term care benefit is assessed, or whether it is possible to take leave at short notice, or even with respect to outpatient or inpatient care forms. Essentially, getting information on one’s personal situation helps to make well-founded decisions.
- Taking responsibility for the care of an adult family member can be extremely onerous, personally and in terms of time and organisation. Not only the amount of time needed for the care or its organisation, but also worrying about the person affected can overburden your employee(s) maximally.
- Suitable provisions are available for care or support for a few hours or more, in addition to or in place of a family network.
- We also inform and support family members who do not live in Graz.
- Possibly, the need for care arrangements is not directly addressed. How would you prepare to respond to questions like that?
- Can you imagine accepting short-term types of relief in your professional life?
- We are happy to inform you on a non-obligatory and confidential basis about your possibilities and best practices that may be of use to you.
- Regardless of your particular situation, we support you with all of your requests.
- There is a huge number and wide array of different support services. We help you to search and select services you may need (from time to time).
- We support you prior to an application for long-term care benefit or an application for an increase in long-term care benefit.
→Legal and financial information
- Upon your request, we research confidentially different care and residential forms and compile a basis to support you make a good decision.
- In that respect, it could be about organising mobile services, 24-hour care or the search for a suitable place in a care facility and the possible costs.
- You may require a short-term place in a care facility or short-term care at home when you are not able to meet your responsibilities as a (informal) carer – or the carer is not available for some reason. There are possibilities to organise a replacement for you as a (informal) carer as well as financial support.
→Flexible services for adults and elderly people
- Please do not hesitate to contact us, if questions arise.
Specific and compact information on facts and deadlines
Recommendations on possible courses of action
Support in identifying and clarifying related questions for all persons concerned
Support in designing (interim) solutions
A professional framework for the adaptation of plans and possibilities
Available in print, online, confidentially in person, as a workshop or presentation.