Legal and financial aspects
Information on legal aspects related to work-family balance is arranged and consolidated for you under Legal Aspects.
Here you can find information on financial matters.
Please contact us directly if you have further questions - we are happy to support you.
- The Styrian Chamber of Labour provides a clear overview of grants and financial support for families such as maternity allowance or family allowance.
- Childcare allowance is granted to biological parents, adoptive parents as well as foster parents living in the same household with the child and whose main place of residence is in Austria. Information regarding childcare allowance is provided by health insurance organisations such as BVA.
- Tax deduction until 2018: Childcare costs can be deducted from tax to an extent of 2.300 € per year and per child up to it's 10 birthday. Which costs can be deducted in detail and which requirements need to be met, please read here.
- Tax deduction from 2019: Familienbonus Plus. Here you can find a calculator for choosing the best option.
- University of Graz provides scholarships specially aimed at women completing or re-entering their course of studies. Beyond that, a one-off-payment is provided for female students in Psycho-social emergencies.
- Childcare benefit allowance as a support for low icnome families.
- Financial support for flexible childcare: the City of Graz provides financial support for hourly and flexible childcare in institutions. This support cannot be used for the 10 hour blocks at M.A.M.A.s, which have already been subsidised by University of Graz or the Austrian National Union of Students (ÖH).
- Financial support for Children's "Active Holiday" Weeks: The Province of Styria provides low income families with a grant for children’s holiday activity weeks in Styria if certain requirements are met.
- Marginal employment: for marginally employed people the same labour regulations would apply as for all other employees. For instance, they can take parental leave until the child’s second birthday. Furthermore, they have the right on re-entry to the workplace after parental leave.
- Please find here details on limits on additional income when receiving study allowances.
- Childcare supplement for students receiving a scholarship in their final study phase.
- Remission of the tuition fee for students with children.