unikid-Info for parents
unikid & unicare organises various events for parents and children or specifically for parents in order to hilghlightthe everyday challenges involved in parenting. Experts are invited to unikid-Info focussing on different aspects and challenges involved in bringing up children and teenagers.
All those affected by these issues as well as other interested parties are invited to participate.
Scopes of topics:
- Study/Work with family responsibilities: parents-to-be receive helpful information on child care allowance, semester of academic leave, parental leave regulations, flexible and regular childcare as well as information on reentering the workplace.
- Settling in regular childcare: basics and implementation possibilities of a successful settling in phase.
- Defiant age!: typical actions, recommendable reactions, boarders and non-boarders.
- “Recovery from illness”: supporting children to recover from illness - with professional, flexible at home care. Meet the people involved in the care and organisation before the need for assistance arises.
- Social media: here you are provided with an overview of how parents can support teenagers when they begin to use new media. How to find out which boundaries need to be set and what you need to discuss with your teenage children as well as which dangers exist and how to talk about them.
- Youth protection in Styria - do you know what your children are allowed to do and what you are permitted to allow? Here you are provided with comprehensive information about youth protection and how it applies to teenagers and parents.
- First aid for children's emergencies - for parents, carers from the unikid & unicare pool and any other interested parties. Learn the main ways in which you can help if accidents occur or if children suddenly become ill - participants are awarded with a certificate from the Styrian Red Cross.
We offer this unikid-Info for forgein language speaking parents and carers from our unikid & unicare-Pool in English .
Here you can find more courses in Graz and Styria (German only).
- Fire prevention for parents and children. Learn what to do in the case of emergencies. Participate in drills supervised by the university fire brigade and gain many important tips that make you feel safe and give you the courage to act.
Do you have any ideas, or any topics that interest you? Just send us a quick e-mail.